Campus Restaurant Pub Revitalization Project
The campus pub and venue will undergo renovations to better serve the UC San Diego students and community.
Project goals include:
- attract more students to the Student Center
- increase student organization usage of the venue
- increase student attendance to events in the venue
- offer musical arts events in the venue
- attract a reasonably priced, student friendly tenant to offer quality food and beverage
- increase visibility of the restaurant pub as a campus gathering spot
- attract more staff and faculty to the Student Center
Plans are being developed in consultation with the University Centers Advisory Board (UCAB), and details will be posted to this webpage as the project develops.
Project priorities include:
- restaurant pub with more seating
- multi-purpose venue with separate entrance on east side
- outdoor dining and gathering space on north side
- general Student Center seating on west side
- 09/01/2016 - The M.W. Steele Group is developing schematics and a cost estimate, which will be reviewed by UCAB in fall quarter.
- 09/02/2016 - General Contractor Pre Qualified.
- 09/09/2016 - 100% Architectural Drawings Completed.
- 10/16/2016 - General Contractor To Be Awarded contract